Sunday 2 October 2011

Review: White Dwarf 382


This issue can be summed up with one word: Dreadfleet. So if you're like me and really excited that the new game is released this weekend and want to know more about then you're in for a treat. If not, then this issue probably won't be your cup of tea. There's a whole lot of information about the game, a battle report, an introduction to the game, some information about the story and all the ships that are in the game.


There's also simple but really great painting tutorials for pretty much every little piece in the game which is really great. As you may have noticed, I'm really excited for this game and it is on it's way to and I will probably get it on Tuesday. I like that it is a another scale than the 28mm I normally paint and it is going to be really fun to paint these extremely detailed and characterful models.


Anyway on with the review. As I wrote, there's not a lot of other stuff in this WD. But they are showing some new hobby tools, especially suited for the new finecast models but for the plastic and metal ones as well.The most interesting here is a new Green stuff in liquid form, can be very useful indeed. Then there's some more stuff for Ogre Kingdoms including rules for using Thundertusks, Mournfangs and Stonehorns in Storm of Magic. Nice that they do additions to the Storm of Magic rules. There are a couple of pages with Sisters of Battle and that's all the 40k stuff there is in this issue, will probably be a lot more when Necrons arrive in Necrovember.


That's all for now, I really liked this issue but like I wrote earlier that's because I'm really interested in Dreadfleet. And if you aren't already, then I promise you that this months WD will make you interested.

WD 382 gets 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...