Friday 16 November 2012

News: WH Forge Mourngul and AoW Dwarf Ironshields

Got this in the mail today, pictures of the Mourngul fron WH Forge. We have seen it before but not as good pictures as these. Really cool miniature and nice to see something new from WH Forge for once.

From the Forgeworld webpage, where you also can find more pictures:

Dreadful tales are told around huddled fires of those lost in the killing cold of a mountain winter, driven by famine and pain to hunt their own companions and former friends for their meat and the warmth of their blood. There is no salvation for these damned souls, for the horrors in which they indulge cannot save them and they become things neither dead nor alive, condemned to an eternity of empty hunger and terrible isolation.

Spite, desperation and malice force these thrice-damned creatures to linger beyond death, the most insidious and destructive winds of magic coiling about them to warp and twist their cadavers into inhuman proportions. Soon they become something neither ghost nor revenant – a Mourngul; a monstrous razor-thin shadow of cold flesh and cracked bone with a gaping maw of needle-teeth and a cavernous stomach that hangs open like a dreadful wound.

The Mourngul, designed by Edgar Skomorowski, is a finely detailed multi-part resin model. Redolent with sinister menace, this creature stands 5.5" (140 mm) tall and makes a fantastic centrepiece for any Warhammer army. The Mourngul is available to pre-order now for despatch from Monday 26th November, and rules for it can be found in Monstrous Arcanum.





Also found these over at Hobby Horse, new Dwarfs from Avatars of War! Looks like these are only for the supporters of their Kickstarter as a start though so we other people need to wait some more to get any. Really cool looking though.




7 comments:

  1. That is an UUUBBBEEERRR wraith. Huge guy.

    Those dwarfs I am torn on. It's great to see plastic, they look very viking/saxon but they don't feel like they will sit well with GW dwarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really like the the Mourngul and I agree with the difference of appearance when being compared to the GW Dwarfs when we talk about the AoW Dwarfs. But that's mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the GW plastic Dwarfs, and these looking much better. Which sadly isn't overly a good thing when you already have like 60~ or so of the GW Dwarfs :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true. I actually find I prefer the GW ones, I just wish they were poseable. But then, there hasn't been much challenge to the GW dwarf plastics for me to like other ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have GW dwarfs from 4 editions and there is no commonality between them. Even models released the same edition (skull pass and others for instance) look different. My Dwarf aymi is/Was/Will ever be a dogs breakfast. *sigh*

    That Mourngal is tasty beast I am dropping hints heavily that its is a must have for my Christ,as cheer. I suspect my wife has her deaf ears on though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I agree with the commonality between the different Dwarf models. Also have quite a lot of them, and even If I like most of them they do have so much different looks. My favorites are the metal Longbeards from is it 6th ed.? And I hope Dwarfs get a lot of cool stuff when they get their new Army book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johan - I love those longbeards, they are the ones I have done for my unit.

    http://thegrumpystunty.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/fantasy-dwarfs-tale-longbeards.html

    I love those models, if for no other reason than they have LONG beards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kuffeh - Hehe agreed, they do have long beards and is really nice looking miniatures. I really liked how your Longbeards turned out, Iv'e just painted one test model (found here: http://diceandbrush.blogspot.com/2010/08/dwarfs.html) and they are fun to paint as well. Really need to finish my unit some day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...