Wednesday 19 November 2014

News: Fallen Frontiers Kickstarter

I got a tip some days ago to check out this Kickstarter for a new miniature based war game called Fallen Frontiers.  I haven't heard of it before but when I looked at their Kickstarter campaign which have 15 days to go as I type this, I was really positively surprised.

The game is made by a company called Scaled Games and is a American/Spanish company and the models are made my Scale75 who have done a lot of really high quality models in the past.

So what is Fallen Frontiers then? Well I don't know much about it to tell the truth, however you will get all the information you need from the Kickstarter page. But here's a really brief info from what I have gathered.

It is a 35 mm based wargame which does focus on you have quite a few models, but have different heroes who really changes how your squads of models work, and what strategies you can use. The game also uses cards which your opponent does not get to see which adds another layer of strategy and thinking into the game. Another cool thing is that it uses some functions from newer RTS games, and by that I mean that you need resources to help you win the game and to get that you need to hold objectives or collect Krithium which enhances your army's equipment and cards.

The setting is also looking really promising, without going into detail (just look at the trailer on the KS page) I do really like it and it opens up for new factions in the future really easily.

And then, what about the models. Well they have four really distinct factions so far and they all look really nice in my opinion. (my favorites are probably the Sayx though)

Here's how the the KS starter box looks right now.


As you can see, a lot of nice stuff in the box. And if they hit the $85k (will happen any minute I think) we can also customize the starter like below.


As Iv'e said all looks really promising, and I do recommend you check it out. Will be following this campaign closely although I still don't know I will participate, really low on funds right now :.(.  

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at this when the first campaign was running. I'm still not sure if I'll pledge in, but it does look quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...