Tuesday 3 January 2017

Recap of 2016 and Hobby Resolution 2017

For the people who have followed this blog for while may have noticed that I have posted much less content this year to prior years. 2016 was a rough year for me personally, and I won't get into details but things is slowly progressing for the better.

Posting on the blog haven't been a priority though, even if I wanted to post a lot more and do other things to the blog I just didn't had the energy.

I did have energy for the hobby though, and I have painted quite a lot the last year. Maybe not as much models as before, but bigger models, and I have really taken the next step with my painting as well. 

Recap 2016

Chaos, Free Peoples and Destruction

I have been rebasing and repainted a lot. Most of my Chaos stuff is rebased and repainted where I thought that was needed. I started to rebase and repaint my Empire army as well, but it takes some time, I really like the result though so will continue doing this as an sideproject. I also painted up a model that was unfinished since 8th, the Celestial Hurricanum, I dread the thought of painting up another one from this kit but I would like to have an Luminark of Hysh. In the later months of the year I also started to rebase my Destruction force and an extensive repainting here as well as I change the colorscheme altogether. I will add to this force when I'm bored with my other stuff.

Stormcast Eternals

My main force is my Stormcast Eternals and I did get quite a lot of them painted last year. I want to be able to field the Warrior Brotherhood and Skyborne Slayers battalions and I have all the models I need. So will paint these up and I'm also working on my Stormcast Extremis.

I will do a another more detailed post about this army though, and this is the army I want to be as complete as possible in 2017.

Terrain

I painted a few pieces of terrain for AoS as well last year, will add to this but I have a quite nice board and terrain right now so will just add to it for more variation and because it's fun to paint. 

Hobby highlights of 2016


My best model painting wise was by far my Celestant-Prime, it took a lot of time to paint. But it was all worth it in the end, such a nice model and I'm super happy with the result.


I love that this model is finished, Iv'e had it since it's release but after I finished the War Altar and the knowing of how long this kit takes to paint I never got to finish this one. But last year I decided to finish it. It's a REALLY time consuming model to paint and with so many sub assemblies that I some times thought it will never be finished. But I did! and I really like the end result and it mixes in well with the rest of my Order force.


I know how I want to paint my destruction force! This is a side project for now though, but it was really fun to paint up something different from my Order armies.

Hobby Resolutions 2017

So what to do in 2017? Well I think there will be plenty of stuff to do for me hobby wise. I will as the last two years focus on Age of Sigmar, now I'm even playing it more and will hopefully continue playing even more games in 2017.

When it comes to armies, my Nr 1 priority for this year is to finish most of my Stormcasts, I want to field two solid formations in Skyborne Slayers and Warrior Brotherhood, and bring in other stuff for variation, mainly my Extremis Chamber stuff.

I will start a Disciples of Tzeentch army, hopefully I can use the Tzeentch stuff I already got as a good base. And then add all the new stuff with Tzaangors and Kairic Acolytes. Really looking forward to this.

All the rest will be smaller sideprojects, Silver Tower goes with the DoT stuff, I will do some more Destruction stuff and maybe even some Warzone: Resurrection models.

That's my plan for 2017 and it may of course change, but I think I can stick to it.

My Tzeentch force will get some more friends 



3 comments:

  1. Amazing job, especially on the blue shades imo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog frequently and I appreciate your information. Your article really impressed me the most. I will bookmark your blog and keep up to date with your latest news
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ចាក់បាល់

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...