Monday 21 January 2013

Guardians of the Covenant: Rhino finished

And the re painting session continues. I don't know why it takes so much longer than I had expected though. It feels like when I finish something on a model which looked fine from the start I must continue and "upgrade" that model more and more. And it almost takes as long as to paint the whole thing up from scratch.

Well not really but it feels like that, at least with the latest model I re painted and that's a Rhino for the Tac squad I finished last time. And I have re painted this one quite extensively with re doing the red on hull, a lot more highlights, battle damage, some minor weathering work, scrolls etc. I'm very pleased with how it turned out in the end though and that's what matters. If you want to compare with the old one look if it was worth or not you can check out the old version here.





3 comments:

  1. I like the interesting idea on the colour scheme for this vehicle and it has me thinking about what I want to do when I get around to my vehicles for my GOTC.

    I was thinking silver for the main part with black doors and top troop hatch, possibly the inset section on the sides and front as well and red on the exhaust housings. That said I would be interested to see how your scheme looks next to your unit, especially the robed models as I plan on a purely robed force.

    How would/have you painted land speeders?

    Regards,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice touches with the script all over. Very scholarly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan - Yeah I think your idea will work as well, and that's one of the great parts with dong a chapter that is officialy known, but not so much in regard of colour schemes and such. I think my rhino fits in very well with my Tac squad and also the red robed marines (even if I don't have that many of them yet). Will try to take some more pictures to show you. I don't have a painted Land Speeder yet in GotC colours, I have a WIP one though and I will try to post a pic of that as well soon :)

    Zab - Thank you, that was the effect I was going for but without trying to much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...