Saturday 10 November 2012

Knight of the Black Rose Standard Bearer finished!

It may not sound like much, just an knight standard bearer. But there is actually a lot of work behind this guy and I'm also quite satisfied with the end result. First of all, some of you may have seen my old Knights of the Black Rose and see that the paint scheme doesn't look match, that's because Iv'e changed the colors yet again. Not much this time, I thought I needed some purple in the unit and less of the red so I changed some of it to purple instead. I will show you the old knights soon but they aren't hugely different.



Anyhow I like this better, and looks more like the example in the Uniforms and Heraldry book. Also googled any Latin phrase that sounded like something any followers of Morr would write on their banners. I ended up with this 'Mortui Vivos Docent' which means 'The living learns from the dead' (end in docent is on the back of the banner because I couldn't fit everything on the front part).





 Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...